HOME > Tips on how to proceed
Tips on how to proceed
Organise your working time well:
- Work quickly but take care.
It is very important to read the tasks through carefully. If you read too quickly and hence not
thoroughly enough, then you will miss important information.
- Work through the questions in the given order.
The first tasks in any group tend to be easier than later ones. That is why we would suggest
that you work through the booklet in the given order. But:
- If a particular question is too difficult for you, then come back to it later.
It is better to use your time on tasks you find easier. On average, test takers solve about half of the tasks.
- If you are solving mathematical problems, try to find your own solution first.
Then check if your answer is among those in the multiple-choice. If you look at the choices first,
it may lead to confusion. If you are not able to find a solution, then try to exclude the answers
which are most likely going to be false.
- If you have very little time left...
You do not get minus points if the answer is wrong. Enter all solutions onto your answer sheet.